Mi, 20. Dez. 2017 Hoßfeld, Tobias
IoT Tutorial - From Praxis To Theory
19th International GI/ITG Conference on “Measurement, Modelling and Evaluation of Computing Systems” (MMB 2018), 26 - 28 Feb 2018, Erlangen, Germany
A tutorial on IoT - From Praxis To Theory will be given by Florian Metzger and Tobias Hoßfeld at the 19th International GI/ITG Conference on “Measurement, Modelling and Evaluation of Computing Systems” (MMB 2018), organized by GI/ITG Technical Committee on "Measurement, Modelling and Evaluation of Computing Systems (MMB)"
Abstract: The prevalence of IoT is driven by industrial requirements and scales, but also by community curiosity and tinkering in participatory crowdsensing endeavours. This tutorial first explores the practical requirements and options of modern IoT appliances and projects, including all aspects of the diverse stack, from PHY to application. With that as base, traffic models can now be derived and evaluated for these IoT topologies that might provide a better fit than traditional approaches.
List of topics:
• Purpose and use cases of IoT (industrial, home automation, community)
• From BAN to LPWAN: an overview of communication standards
• Networking stack overview (from raw PHY to 6LowPAN and CoAP)
• Developments of cellular IoT and the 3GPP ecosystem
• IoT network topologies
• Participatory Crowdsensing with IoT
• Practical Sensing Demo with LoRa
• IoT traffic models: standards, Poisson approximation and bias